We are working with partners to develop designs for a fully accessible station with more capacity and better facilities for passengers.
In June 2020, we received £1m from the Department for Transport to develop designs to improve the station for passengers.
Currently, Peckham Rye is the busiest interchange station in the entire country without step free access to platforms or accessible facilities for passengers.
The station is also not designed for the current number of passengers using it today. Platforms, passageway and gate lines are too narrow, leading to overcrowding at peaks times.
We are currently developing designs for which would aim to:
- Provide new lifts to all platforms and accessible toilets
- Wider platforms, larger passageways, new lifts and staircases
- Larger gate lines and entrances
- Improved integration with the surrounding public realm, including better access into the station
- New accessible toilets
- New lifts at the station, making all platforms accessible for parents with buggies, people with shopping and those with mobility issues
Increased train and passenger capacity
- Wider platforms, larger passageways, lifts, new staircases, larger gate lines and entrances would increase capacity for passengers and allow more trains to stop at the station in the future.
Improved integration with local public realm
- The project will consider how the station integrates with the surrounding public realm, particularly the new Station Square, providing better access into the station.
New design options being considered
Three new design options are being considered; minimum, medium and maximum.
Click on the links below to see the proposed plan for each option.
Peckham Rye station upgrade design options
Please view the three options and complete the following survey to tell us which option you prefer.
The project would like to know what you think of each of the above three options. Please complete the following short survey, where you can provide your comments.
Design public workshops
Focus group meetings
Focus Group documents
The project aims to produce and agree a single option design by September 2021. In the months ahead we will be engaging with stakeholders and people from the local community, to seek their views on the future design of the station .
Join the mailing list and more information
To join the mailing list for updates and information about public meetings and design workshops, please email NRSouthernProjects@networkrail.co.uk and ask to join the mailing list for the Peckham Rye Station upgrade project.
For more information about the project, call our National Helpline on 03457 11 41 41, email us at NRSouthernProjects@networkrail.co.uk or contact us on Twitter @NetworkRailSE.