We promise to be fair, consistent and diverse throughout your recruitment journey with Network Rail!
Disability Confident Leader
Network Rail is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. This means, where a disabled applicant meets the essential criteria for any of our vacancies, they will receive an interview.
Your recruitment journey with us:
We advertise all jobs via the ‘Careers search’ page. To apply for a job, simply complete an application and submit your CV online. Instructions on how to apply, will be on the vacancy. To enable us to discover your potential, you may be asked to complete an assessment, which can consist of either a self-assessment, verbal, numerical or psychometric test.
Upon selection of an interview, our resourcers will contact you directly. Our interviews are designed for the role you have applied for, to help us assess your skills, behaviours and capabilities. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing. Safety is key to Network Rail and you will be asked a safety question at interview.
If you‘re not selected for an interview, you will receive a notification.
If you’re successful after an interview, our resourcers will contact you with further details including salary and benefits.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of Government Baseline Security Standards (BPSS) which include:
- A right to work and identity check
- Pre-employment verification for the last three years.
- A basic criminal record check for any unspent convictions
- National Security Vetting (if relevant to the role)
This will include a counter terrorist check in accordance with the Home Office (regulated for the transport sector).
- Medical assessment
- Visa application (We sponsor under Tier 2 of the UK Immigration points-based system (PBS). If you require a visa to work in the UK or would like further information on the PBS visit the UK Border Agency website. We do not provide financial support for visa applications.)
- Drugs & Alcohol test (pre-appointment) for safety-critical roles and sentinel card holders
*Note to third party agencies
Unfortunately, Network Rail is unable to accept CV’s from recruiters and employment agencies. In the event of this, by submitting a CV or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we reserve the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Please use our careers support request form if you have questions or support issues.