Armed Forces into Rail.
At Network Rail, we have a long history of supporting the Armed Forces. In particular, we are committed to helping Ex-Forces personnel reintegrate into successful civilian careers whilst supporting our already established Reservist community.
We were proud to have signed the British Armed Forces Military Covenant back in 2015, we were honoured by the Ministry of Defence with the Employers Recognition Scheme Silver award back in 2016 and the Employers Recognition Scheme Gold award in October 2017.
We admire so many of the attributes that someone from the Forces can bring to any role –
- team work
- ability to stay calm under pressure and change
- comfortable in a fast paced environment
- decision making with a high level of ambiguity
- flexible in an evolving environment.
All these qualities, which are essential in the Military, are also highly sought-after within our safety critical environment at Network Rail.
Find out more about us and what we do
Joining us could be the perfect route into a new successful civilian career, create a profile and sign up to our job alerts to find your perfect second Career in the Rail industry.
What's in it for you?
In exchange for your commitment and dedication, we will provide you with a generous benefits package that includes:
- two weeks’ additional paid leave for training commitments as a reservists
- Forces Network for anyone with links to defence or just those willing to support the Armed Forces
- 28 days’ holiday, plus public holidays
- 75 per cent discount on season tickets (max £3,000)
- interest-free season ticket loan (max £5,000)
- up to five days’ paid volunteer leave per annum
Our commitment to the Armed Forces
Network Rail achieved a Gold Award in the Employer Recognition Scheme which is the Ministry of Defence’s highest badge of honour for organisations which have signed the Armed Forces Covenant.
It acknowledges our active support to the Armed Forces community in our organisation, industry partners, supply chain, charities, and within our local communities.
A large number of our workforce come from an Armed Forces background and have thrived in our organisation providing the skills that are critical to our Railway Upgrade Plan and helping us to build a bigger, better railway for Britain.
Learn more about life at Network Rail as a reservist
We value the unique training and experience military veterans bring to our organisation such as Darin.