How and when to contact us
Contact us if your query is about:
- a safety threat to you or others
- work on the railway infrastructure, including track maintenance, work to electrify lines and for most major projects on the railway
- how we maintain our land alongside the track
- one of our stations
- issues on our land such as trees, vegetation, graffiti or fencing (if you are contacting us about these, it would be really helpful to include some photographs).
Please call our emergency 24 hour helpline on 03457 11 41 41 if there's a safety threat to you or to others such as:
- people, animals, trees or objects on or near the track
- damage or fault at a level crossing
- a vehicle has hit a bridge
- a broken fence or open gate allowing access to the track.
If you report a safety threat to you or others, we will prioritise this and respond as quickly as possible.
Get in touch
We have a number of ways in which you can get in touch with us. For non-safety queries we aim to respond within 20 working days.
If you contact us about something that falls outside our responsibility, we will assume that you are happy for us to refer your query and contact details to the most appropriate company for them to get in touch with you.
Write to us: Network Rail, One Eversholt Street, London, NW1 2DN
Give some praise
Has a member of our staff gone the extra mile or done something that deserves some praise? Or you would like to compliment us on some of the work we’re doing? We’d love to know when this has happened, so please let us know by completing our compliments form.
Make a suggestion
If you have a comment to make about our company, the work we carry out, or want to make a suggestion for us to consider, please let us know by completing our suggestions form.
Submit a complaint
Managed station complaints
For complaints about one of our managed stations, please use our station complaint form. Read our passenger complaints handling procedure (PDF, 190 KB) – this applies to all our managed stations.
Who to contact about other matters:
If you're having problems signing in or to report a technical problem with our recruitment portal please use our careers support request form.
Report a crime
The switchboard line is open Monday – Friday 9:00 to 17:00.
Timetabling, tickets, railcards and fares
Please contact your train operator or visit National Rail Enquiries.
Information and support for our neighbours
We care about the 20 million + people living alongside the railway. We know at times our work can cause some disruption and noise and we do our best to limit this where we can. Visit our living by the railway section to find out more about how our work may affect you.