Serving a busy commuter town with trains to the City
Guildford station opened in 1845 and serves the town of Guildford in Surrey with services to London Waterloo, Reading and Portsmouth.
Important information – Coronavirus
Our staff are working hard to keep critical workers and vital supplies moving across Britain; please help keep them and yourselves safe by only travelling by train if there’s no other way to travel.
Visit our coronavirus travel advice page for more information.
- Facilities including ticket offices, information points, lost property and the stations themselves may be operating reduced opening hours to facilitate the reduced timetable.
- Maintaining the highest possible hygiene levels on the railway is vital. From the start of this pandemic we have made sure we have sufficient cleaning supplies – such as anti-viral treatment.
- We are cleaning stations throughout the day so that those who need to travel can do so more safely.
- As service levels increase, additional deep cleans will be carried out in toilet areas, and we will continue to sanitise and use anti-viral treatment on common touch-point areas, such as doors and handrails.
- We are making changes in many station areas so that people can social distance and move around more safely.
- In line with government guidance, all non-essential retailers in our managed stations have closed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- Where possible, supermarkets and pharmacies have stayed open to allow customers to purchase essential items.
Our passenger assistance is operating with additional safety measures in place. Please see the accessibility section for more information.
See it. Say it. Sorted.
When reporting any security issues around the railway to a member of staff or the British Transport Police (BTP), please keep your distance. Follow Government advice on staying safe. You can also call or text BTP to report an issue. Call: 0800 40 50 40 / Text: 61016. In an emergency dial 999
Station opening hours
Monday – Saturday: 01:00 – 04:00
Sunday (Sunday times can vary): 01:00 – 06:00
Tickets and travel information
National Rail Enquiries
03457 48 49 50
Textphone: 0345 60 50 600
Welsh language line: 0345 60 40 500
General station enquiries: 0345 6000 650
Find your way around using the Guildford station map (PDF)
British Transport Police
The British Transport Police office is located on Platform 1.
For help call 0800 40 50 40 (24 hours), text 61016 or speak to a member of station staff. In an emergency call 999.
Car parks are located on Guildford Park Road and Walnut Tree Close. Parking prices are available on the National Rail enquiries website.
Sat nav / route finder postcode: GU1 4UT
If you want to take your bike on a train, please check with the train operator first.
Bike storage is available near the Walnut Tree Close exit. There are 378 covered spaces available.
Brompton Dock operate a cycle hire scheme from Guildford station, more information can be found by visiting bromptondock.co.uk or calling 0208 232 3931.
Car hire is available outside the Walnut Tree Close exit to the station from Hertz Car Rentals. More information can be found online hertz.co.uk or by calling 01483 536677.
For information about trains to and from Clapham Junction visit National Rail Enquiries or call 08457 48 49 50.
Information about local bus routes on the Surrey County Council website
Taxis are available from the Guildford Park Road and Walnut Tree Close exits from the station.
Tickets and information
Ticket office opening times:
Monday – Friday 06:10 – 22:00
Saturday 06:10 – 22:00
Sunday 06:20 – 22:00
The main ticket office is located near the Walnut Tree Close exit to the station and ticket machines are also available near the Guildford Park Road exit.
The station information desk is located near the Walnut Tree Close exit to the station.
Toilets and baby care
Toilet facilities are available on platform 1.
If you lose an item on a train, please contact the train company.
For items handed in at the station, please call customer services on 0345 6000 650
Waiting rooms are located on platforms 3-8.
There are seats on all platforms.
Wi-Fi is not available at this station.
There are ATMs located in the station concourse near the Walnut Tree Close exit.
The water fontain is located on platform 2 adjacent to the public toilets and the telephone box
Coronavirus information: Please book passenger assistance as you normally would. When booking assistance, it would really help if you could tell us if the assistance you require will involve our assistance staff coming within 2 metres of you.
For example, if you need physical help to board the train or someone to physically guide you from train to station or vice versa. If this is the case, we will ask you to wear your own face covering and our staff will do likewise, this reduces the risk to you and our staff. If you don’t wear a face covering this may limit our ability to help you, we will in these cases only be able to help from a 2-metre distance.