We are committed to putting passengers and our freight customers at the heart of everything we do.
Our Railway Upgrade Plan is all about making improvements to their journeys.
The Anglia route is part of Network Rail’s Eastern region. We manage the railway in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and parts of Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Greater London.
We are an incredibly busy route, operating some of the busiest rail lines in the country. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be safely and on time, and to support economic growth and productivity in an environmentally sustainable way.
We connect people to friends and family, jobs and leisure, as well as goods to businesses here and abroad. Improving our rail network and getting people where they need to be on time makes a massive difference to the UK economy, helping bring jobs, homes and prosperity.
We have around 2,600 fantastic employees…
that help run 4,230 trains a day…
that call at 235 stations…
and run through more level crossings (778) than any other route in the country.
We serve a fast-growing area connecting millions of commuters, leisure travellers and freight with three major UK ports at Felixstowe, Thameshaven and Tilbury as well as the busy Stansted and Southend airports.
We own and operate London Liverpool Street, the nation’s third busiest station, with 69.5 million passenger journeys every year.
Main railway lines
- Great Eastern Mainline from Liverpool Street to Norwich and branches
- Cross-country Corridor via Ely from Ipswich/Norwich to Cambridge/Peterborough
- West Anglia Mainline from Liverpool Street to Cambridge, Kings Lynn and branches
- Orbital Routes, comprising the North London line from Stratford to Richmond and the Barking to Gospel Oak line
- Essex Thameside line from Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness via Upminster and Tilbury