Network Rail supply chain charter
One team with one goal – delivering sustainable best value
In order to provide a safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable railway fit for the 21st century, our ambition is to establish a world class supply chain that builds long term mutually beneficial relationships and encourages joint strategic development – in a fair, transparent and consistent way.
- provide a safe and healthy working environment for all
- deliver quality work to the agreed time and cost
- abide by the RIA Value Improvement Programme Code of Practice
- train our people to the appropriate level
- learn from our mistakes and resolve issues together – without blame
- continuously improve and develop
- not tolerate continued poor performance.
Working together we will:
- jointly develop and deliver whole-life best value solutions
- support and collaborate with each other
- value and harness the diversity of our people
- communicate on time, in a concise, clear
and open way
- share ideas, plans and information
- identify, inform and manage risks together
- recognise that everyone’s contribution matters
- avoid duplication and waste.
We will take pride in what we do:
- innovate and delight customers
- take ownership and responsibility for what we do
- display high ethical standards in our actions
- promote and celebrate success
- make the rail industry a desirable place to work.
Showing respect means we will:
- respect the environment, communities and the people we work with
- always treat each other honestly, with openness and courtesy
- pay on time for work delivered
- adhere to mutually agreed terms
- treat all information received as confidential.