The Network Code is a set of contractual rules incorporated into each track access agreement between Network Rail and all train operators.
It covers those areas where all parties are obliged to work together to the same standards and timescales. This includes such areas as:
- Developing the timetable
- Making changes to the network or to vehicles
- Environmental protection
- Standards of performance monitoring
- Resolving contractual disputes
- Managing operational disruption
Any new operators on the network will need to sign up to the Network Code.
Other incorporated documents
Three other formal documents are incorporated into the Network Code, with links provided below.
- Delay Attribution Principles and Rules
- Performance Delay Accuracy Code (PDAC)
- Railway Operational Code (ROC)