Inclusive design places people at the heart of the design process of our spaces and places
Inclusive design aims to deliver spaces and places for everyone. When achieved, it means that everyone benefits from the full range of services and opportunities that we offer.
- puts people at the heart of the design process, ensuring they can use the railway safely, easily and with dignity
- acknowledges diversity and difference, and is responsive to people’s needs
- offers choice where a single design solution may not work for everyone
- provides for flexibility in use, offering more than one solution to help balance everyone’s needs; and
- provides buildings and environments that are convenient and enjoyable for everyone.