We’re expanding Oxford station to enable an increase in train services from 2024.
The rail infrastructure in the Oxford Station area is close to full capacity and currently wouldn’t support the start of East West Rail services from the end of 2024. Through Oxfordshire Connect, the station is being expanded and the wider area upgraded, bringing a range of benefits to passengers and residents alike.
The Oxfordshire Connect programme is upgrading Oxford Station, expanding the railway infrastructure in the area and improving the local road network. By the end of 2024, this programme will bring:
- A bigger, better station for everyone
- More services with East West Rail
- Additional rail capacity for the future
- An improved and safer road layout
These upgrades will boost the economy with more rail services to support businesses, residents and visitors to the city. By extending the rail network across Oxford and Oxfordshire, they will also drive sustainability, improving access to fast, sustainable passenger and freight transport.
Oxfordshire Connect projects
Work in progress
Sign up for email updates
Please sign up for our regular email updates.
- 6 October – View this email in a web browser
- 29 September – View this email in a web browser
- 19 September – View this email in a web browser
- 15 September – View this email in a web browser
- 8 September – View this email in a web browser
Our privacy notice applies to the personal information that Network Rail collects about you, or that you provide to us. It explains how and why we use your personal information, who we disclose it to and how we protect your privacy.
Transport and Work Act Order
In order to acquire the necessary land, we submitted an application for a Transport and Works Act Order (TWAO) to the Secretary of State for Transport in June 2021. All information and documents related to this process can be found on our new TWAO page.