You are encouraged to use and re-use the Information that is available under this licence freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
Using information under this licence
Use of copyright and database right material expressly made available under this licence (the 'Information') indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the information subject to the conditions below.
This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or fair use or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
You are free to:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information
- adapt the format of the Information (as long as you do not amend its content)
- exploit the Information commercially and non-commercially for example, by combining it with other Information, or by including it in your own product or application ('End User Product').
You must, where you do any of the above:
- acknowledge the source of the Information in your product or application by including or linking to the attribution statement specified by the Information Provider(s) below and, where possible, provide a link to this licence:
Contains Information of Network Rail Infrastructure Limited licensed under the following licence. (Hyperlinked to www.networkrail.co.uk/data-feeds/terms-and-conditions)
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information
- ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent the Information or its source
- ensure that your use of the Information does not breach the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you are using information from several Information Providers and listing multiple attributions is not practical in your product or application, you may include a URL or hyperlink to a resource that contains the required attribution statements.
These are important conditions of this licence and if you fail to comply with them the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
Exemptions and conditions
This licence does not cover the use of:
- personal data in the Information
- information that has not been accessed by way of publication or disclosure under information access legislation (including the Freedom of Information Acts for the UK and Scotland) by or with the consent of the Information Provider
- departmental or public sector organisation logos except where they form an integral part of a document or dataset
- third party rights the Information Provider is not authorised to license, and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, and design rights.
The following additional conditions shall apply to the Information and its use:
- the Information is provided to you in a certain format and will not be tailored, reformatted or modified in any way to meet your specific requirements. The Information Provider reserves the right to amend this format from time to time
- the Information Provider accepts no obligation to provide the Information continuously or at any particular time and no commitment is given regarding its freedom from interruption
- the Information Provider provides no maintenance or support services, whether relating to the Information or any End User Products developed by you which incorporate the Information.
This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider and/or Licensor endorse you or your use of the Information.
No warranty and our liability to you
The Information is licensed 'as is' and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law. The Information Provider does not guarantee or represent that the Information will be accurate, complete or current.
The Information Provider:
- is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use (whether arising from the quality, accuracy and/or reliability of the Information or otherwise) or any changes to the format of the Information which may be made from time to time or from the withdrawal of the information. The Information Provider does not guarantee the continued supply of the information and any receipt, display or use of the Information and any use or marketing of any End User Product is entirely at your own risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage resulting from Your use of the Information and any reliance You may place upon it, including any damage arising from Your End User Products; and
- expressly disclaims all liability (whether incurred directly or indirectly) for all loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use the information or any End User Product, or from any amendments which may subsequently be made to the Information by or on behalf of the Information Provider, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
In the unlikely event that we have to permanently withdraw the availability of the information and terminate this licence we will only do so acting reasonably and we will give you no less than 180 days' notice.
This licence is governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Information Provider has its principal place of business, unless otherwise specified by the Information Provider.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
Means information protected by copyright or by database right (for example, literary and artistic works, content, data and source code) offered for use under the terms of this licence, and including (where relevant) any data feeds which may from time to time be used to supply such information.
Means the person or organisation providing the Information under this licence.
Means any Information Provider which has the authority to offer Information under the terms of this licence or the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office, who has the authority to offer information subject to Crown copyright and Crown database rights and Information subject to copyright and database right that has been assigned to or acquired by the Crown, under the terms of this licence.
As a verb, means doing any act which is restricted by copyright or database right, whether in the original medium or in any other medium, and includes without limitation distributing, copying, adapting, modifying as may be technically necessary to use it in a different mode or format.
'You' and 'your'
Means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights in the Information (whether the information is obtained directly from the Licensor or otherwise) under this licence.
The Information Provider may, from time to time, issue an updated version of this licence without notice. It is up to you to regularly review this licence, which will be available at www.networkrail.co.uk/data-feeds/terms-and-conditions, in case there are any changes. Your continued Use of the information after a change has been made to this Licence will be treated as your acceptance of that change.
Last updated 5 January 2015