If a straightforward application process matters to you. It matters to us.
If you’re interested in joining us, we want to support you every step of the way. And that starts with having an application process that’s simple, straightforward and answers any questions that you might have. So that’s just what we’ve created.
The process matters
To check that we suit you, just as much as you suit us, we have a five-step process.
Entry requirements matter
- Four GCSE’s:
- Maths, grade 9-5 (A*-C)
- English language, grade 9-4 (A*-C)
- A science or engineering subject, grade 9-4 (A*- C).
- One other subject, grade 9-4 (A*-C)
- For Scotland it’s four Scottish Standard 1-3/National 5.
- NVQ or BTEC Level 2 or above in an Engineering subject is acceptable instead of a science GCSE
- NVQ or BTEC level 2 is acceptable instead of the one other subject
- We accept the equivalent qualifications from all the UK countries. You can refer to the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education's guide to comparing qualifications in the UK. (If you’re not sure just get in touch with us)
- We accept iGCSE’s
- We accept Functional skills Level 2 in Maths and English instead of the GCSE (nb -All 3 parts in English must be completed)
- We’re happy for you to apply while you’re still sitting your exams, as long as you’ll have your results before the start of the scheme. If we offer you a place it will be conditional on you achieving the qualifications before the start date.
- If you gained your qualifications outside the UK we’ll need a NARIC translation (www.naric.org.uk).
- We accept most equivalent qualifications but there are some that we can’t accept as they don’t provide the right level of prior learning. It’s not easy for us to give a complete list so we do reserve the right not to accept a qualification. If you’re not sure just get in touch with us
- If you are successful and we offer you a place you’ll need to show us your certificates
We're an inclusive employer of choice, Disability Confident Leader employer, encourage people to work flexibly and we welcome applications from everyone. Visit Evenbreak’s Career Hive should you need accessibility support to apply. Should you require any reasonable adjustments/modifications, please contact the recruitment team.
When you apply, we will consider you for vacancies at depots within 60 minutes travel time of your current home address. If you wish to be considered for a different geographical area, you’ll have the option of letting us know during your application.
So now you’ve read all the important information on the website and you’re ready to get going with your application.
Frequently asked questions
Further questions matter
We’ve tried to think of everything and cover off all the key aspects of our application process. But, if there’s anything you’re still unclear about or would like more detail on, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01635 584137 (9:00am – 5:30pm).