We give every employee the chance to build a successful career with us
We encourage all our employees to be ambitious, and offer great training and career development opportunities. As the railway becomes bigger and more technologically advanced, it’s crucial that our employees have the right skills to develop their careers and meet the challenges ahead.
All our employees benefit from:
- an annual 75 per cent subsidy on train and underground season tickets costing up to £3,000
- an interest-free travel loan for season tickets for trains and car parks
- 28 days’ annual leave and the opportunity to buy or sell two days per year
- a standard company bonus scheme
- pension scheme membership
- a choice of one of three contributory pension schemes
- the opportunity to donate through various charitable giving schemes, including company contributions
- a number of other benefits, such as free counselling, childcare vouchers and volunteer leave.
We’re proud to offer a range of pension schemes to our employees that provide flexibility and choice.
Most new employees are eligible to join either the NRDC defined contribution scheme, the NR CARE Scheme or our career average scheme – a type of defined benefit arrangement.
After five years’ continuous company service, employees are eligible to join the defined benefit Network Rail section of the Railways Pension Scheme.
Detailed information about our pension schemes