A major transport and shopping hub
Grand Central shopping centre surrounds this station built for the future! Hop off the train and head straight to a wide choice of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Birmingham New Street station
Information about the station
We manage the station, provide assistance to passengers and maintain facilities.
Download map of the station
British Transport Police
The British Transport Police station is located by reception inside the entrance off Hill Street.
For help call 0800 40 50 40 (24 hours), text 61016 or speak to a member of station staff. In an emergency call 999.
Train operators at this station
Train operators sell tickets and provide the train services.
Train operators at our station are:
- Avanti West Coast – intercity trains between London, the Midlands, north-west England, north Wales, and Scotland.
- Cross Country Trains – long distance services across the whole country from cities in Scotland all the way to the south and Cornish coasts.
- London Northwestern Railway – trains between London, the Midlands and north-west England.
- Transport for Wales – trains between the Midlands, Shropshire and the central Welsh coast.
- West Midlands Trains – trains to the vast majority of destinations within the West Midlands.
Get in touch
Whether you have a question about one of our stations or want to provide feedback, visit our contact us page for ways you can get in touch.