Your flair for property matters
If having responsibility to lead massive strategic projects matters to you. You matter to us.
Our Property Graduate Scheme offers the unique opportunity to gain full membership to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. You’ll experience many different areas of property that you may not even realise exist at Network Rail. And with support at every step from senior and graduate colleagues, your career is in safe hands with us. And with an eye to future senior leadership positions, you can expect plenty of opportunity to develop your talents – including full funding for your progress along the commercial property pathway (APC).
- Your starting salary is £26,500
- The scheme lasts for three years.
- There are opportunities available in: London
Who you are matters
We look for independent thinkers who have a passion for property. People who can communicate with others at all levels, inside and outside the business. Dedicated and hardworking, you’ll be passionate about getting the most from your work placements, and always looking to move closer to achieving your Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors membership (MRICS). You’ll be a logical thinker, capable of good report writing. And you’ll know your way around the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the property industry.
What you’ll be doing
After getting up to speed on the basics of Network Rail’s safety, and in-house property systems, you’ll also cover topics such as: ethics, asbestos, fire safety and lone working.
From there, you’ll complete a series of six-month placements, choosing from business areas such as:
- Development – You’ll conduct the pre-feasibility studies, development appraisals and stakeholder engagement required to assisting with land disposals, and commercially agreeing shared value schemes.
- Retail – You’ll negotiate rent reviews and lease renewals, and assist with day to day property management issues and investment schemes connected with our managed station portfolio.
- Commercial Estate – You’ll deal with new lettings, lease renewals and rent reviews for the 2,500 properties we let to independent businesses.
- Property Services – You’ll gain experience managing our freight portfolio, sales and rights of land, and acquisitions throughout our property services departments.
And to provide you with Valuation experience, you’ll also have the opportunity to go on an eight week external placement.
What you’ll get out of it
You’ll gain chartered status, as a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Your benefits matter
A £2,000 welcome bonus
28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
5 volunteer days to contribute to your favourite causes
Access to our employee assistance program
Up to 75% discount on rail and underground season tickets
Discounted online shopping
Healthcare club membership discount
Access to a range of pension and insurance schemes
Two weeks paid reserve leave for members of our Armed Forces community
The opportunities it leads to
After completing the scheme, you’ll have the freedom to choose which business area you want to move into. And whether you wish to be a development surveyor, or portfolio manager, many graduates on this programme go on to reach senior roles within Property.
The entry requirements
You’ll need at least a 2:2 in a Commercial Real Estate or Planning & Development degree, accredited for the commercial property route of the RICS.
Unfortunately, we are not able to give you the required experience in any other RICS accredited degree.
We matter to millions. You could too.
Discover a different scheme
If the Property Graduate Scheme isn’t quite what you’re looking for, why not take a look at some of the other graduate schemes we have. You’ll find them here.