From September 2019 until March 2020, we will be working to renew and repair the railway tracks between Calcot and Southcote.
We are going to replace the old, worn railway track by lifting it up, removing it, laying a new stone base and relaying new track. We are aware that we are working close to your home and we work hard to minimise the disruption. The work will involve heavy track machinery, so we apologise in advance for any disturbance we create.
We are completing this work to bring passengers more reliable, faster better rail services.
Safety is our number one priority, so we need to carry out a lot of our work during the night when the railway is closed to trains.
We will be working overnight between 21:00 and 09:00 on the following nights.
Please be aware these times may change.
Dates of work
- Saturday 14 December – Sunday 15 December
- Saturday 21 December – Sunday 22 December
- Saturday 4 January – Sunday 5 January
- Saturday 11 January – Sunday 19 January
- Saturday 25 January – Sunday 26 January
- Saturday 1 February – Sunday 2 February
- Saturday 8 February – Sunday 9 February
- Monday 24 February – Friday 28 February
- Saturday 29 February
- Sunday 1 March
- Saturday 7 March – Sunday 8 March
- Saturday 14 March – Sunday 15 March
Our Track Renewals team at work
Watch the video below that shows our factory on wheels, called the Track Renewal System (TRS).
For more information or to get in touch with us, please call our 24 hour helpline on 03457 11 41 41 or email CRwest@networkrail.co.uk