We’re investing to improve the railway, station and surrounding areas of Feltham, to make it safer and more accessible for passengers and the local community.
The work includes:
- construction of a new accessible station entrance
- extension of platforms to facilitate the operation of longer, ten car trains
- construction of a fully accessible pedestrian and cycle bridge and the closure of Feltham West level crossing
These improvements will help provide smoother passenger journeys and a safer railway environment. Feltham West level crossing was the second highest risk crossing of its type on the South Western Railway (SWR) network with a history of deliberate misuse. Its closure in March 2019 removes the risk completely and improves safety at the site.
Passengers previously could not use the last three carriages of the train when getting on and off the train at Feltham. Now that the platform extensions are complete, passengers can use the full length of the train, making journeys easier.
A new station entrance is being constructed which will be linked directly to the new bus stops on Hounslow road by fully accessible ramps. This will improve the ease of connection between buses and trains and provide further accessibility to Feltham station.
A new dual-purpose cycle and pedestrian bridge is being constructed which will provide access over the railway.
- Work started on this project in August 2018.
- The Level Crossing was successfully closed in March 2019 and a temporary footbridge was constructed.
- Platform extensions were completed and opened in December 2019
- The new bridge will be complete in Autumn 2020
Feltham Road works
If you are looking for information relating to the road works being delivered by London Borough of Hounslow, please visit their website.
For more information or to get in touch with us, please contact us by visiting our contact us page or by calling our 24-hour national helpline on 03457 11 41 41.