A £2.6m project has been completed, giving Balham Station a face-lift fit for the 21st century.
Network Rail has reduced the gap between trains and platforms, improving safety and reducing delays. Platforms have also been refurbished with new surfaces, drainage and platform canopies repaired and repainted.
Balham station serves as an interchange for train and tube services across South London and beyond.
The improvements include:
- Track realignment works to reduce the stepping distance between trains and platforms.
- New fencing at the London end of the platforms to help deter trespass, improving safety and helping to reduce delays associated with trespass.
- Platform canopies – new sheeting installed to keep passengers dry.
- Canopy gutter – new galvanised steel system which will reduce the risk of flooding.
- New tactile paving on platforms to improve accessibility for visually impaired passengers.
- Upgraded drainage system to prevent flooding.
If you have any concerns about the work or have a specific question, please contact our community relations team on our 24-Hour Helpline: 03457 11 41 41