A second platform is to be constructed at Dunbar in order to provide increased capacity and improve operational flexibility on the East Coast Main Line
As part of the rail upgrade plan, there is a significant level of investment in Scotland’s railway infrastructure to provide increased capacity and improve operational flexibility, including on the East Coast Main Line.
During this project, a new platform will be constructed on the Down Line (northbound) at Dunbar.
What it delivers
- The platform will be long enough to accommodate the new 10-car, Hitachi Super Express Train to be introduced on the East Coast Main Line from 2018
- The new platform will create capacity for future services to stop at Dunbar
- The new platform will have step free access
The proposals are at an early stage and work will not commence until 2019.
All timescales are indicative and subject to change:
- Spring 2017 – initial designs and approvals
- Spring 2018 – contractor appointed
- Summer 2018 – detailed design and additional survey works
- Spring 2019 – works to create a new platform commence
- Spring 2020 – project completed and new platform opened
Footbridge and access points
For more information, please phone 03457 11 41 41.