A second platform is being constructed at Dunbar in order to provide increased capacity and improve operational flexibility on the East Coast Main Line
As part of the rail upgrade plan, there is a significant level of investment in Scotland’s railway infrastructure to provide increased capacity and improve operational flexibility, including on the East Coast Main Line.
During this project, a new platform is being constructed on the Down Line (northbound) at Dunbar.
What it delivers
- The platform will be long enough to accommodate the new 10-car, Hitachi Super Express Train to be introduced on the East Coast Main Line from 2019.
- The new platform will create capacity for future services to stop at Dunbar.
- The new platform will have step free access.
All timescales are indicative and subject to change:
- Spring 2017 – initial designs.
- April 2018 – planning consents received.
- November 2018 – Amco appointed as main contractor.
- Winter 2018 – detailed design and additional survey works.
- May 2019 – works to create a new platform due to commence.
- Early 2020 – all construction activities completed.
Footbridge and access points
Designs in the above documents are subject to change through the detailed design process and will be updated accordingly.
For more information, please phone 03457 11 41 41.