As part of our Railway Upgrade Plan, we’re delivering £170m of improvements across the Upper Lee Valley from 2017 to 2019
Benefits at a glance
Click on the map to view a downloadable PDF that shows the benefits we're delivering across the Upper Lee Valley.
We are delivering the programme on behalf of our funding partners: the UK Government, the London Local Enterprise Partnership (known as “LEAP) and the Mayor of London, Transport for London and local authorities.
We’re building 5.5km of new track which will allow an extra two trains per hour (peak) to run between Stratford and the new Meridian Water station, reduce congestion for passengers and support regeneration across the Upper Lee Valley area.
This project is part of our London Railway Upgrade Plan, creating new connections and increasing capacity in peak hour by 30 per cent.
The Lee Valley Rail Programme includes:
- Building 5.5km of new track to enable two more trains per hour to run between Stratford and the new Meridian Water station.
- Building a new station south of the existing Angel Road station to serve the new Meridian Water development.
- Making improvements at Tottenham Hale station including new platforms, lifts and a new accessible footbridge.
- Upgrading Northumberland Park station, including building an additional platform and new step-free footbridge.
- Refurbishing or replacing several bridges, upgrading signals, installing power cables and additional overhead power lines from Stratford to Angel Road stations.
We’re providing lineside neighbours with notification of our work throughout the programme. We’ll also be holding public information events to explain when the upgrade work will be taking place and how it might impact you and the wider community. To find out more, please contact our helpline on 03457 11 41 41 or visit our Contact us page.
We’re working with train operator Greater Anglia to keep passengers informed of any disruptions to their services and thank them for their patience as we deliver this important upgrade work.
Meridian Water - delivering a new station for Enfield
Meridian Water is the site of a brand new station under construction in the London Borough of Enfield to support the regeneration of a vast industrial area into 10,000 new homes and nearly 7000 new jobs. Network Rail is delivering the new station on behalf of Enfield as part of the £170m Lee Valley Rail Programme.