A memorial to 16 railway workers who died serving in World War One will be formally welcomed to Bangor railway station having previously been located at St David’s Church in Bangor. Member of the media are warmly invited to attend this special event.
The event, involving 50 local people, to mark the memorial’s relocation at Bangor railway station will involve:
- Local Assembly Member, Sian Gwenllian AM;
- Staff from Network Rail and Transport for Wales;
- A partial reading of the poem “For the Fallen”
- The reading out of the names and biographies of all 16 men named on the memorial
- A two-minute silence followed by the live playing of The Last Post.
Members of the media are welcome to attend by arrangement at:
10.30am, Friday 24 January 2020 at Bangor Railway Station, North Wales
Interview requests are welcome.