Network Rail has appointed new non-executive directors to replace recently retired Board members.
Mark Bayley and Fiona Ross have joined the Board of Network Rail with effect from the 11 May 2020.
In addition, the Secretary of State for Transport has appointed Michael Harrison as special director also with effect from 11 May 2020.
Mark and Fiona have extensive and relevant experience in both the public and private sectors to help Network Rail in the months and years ahead:-
- Mark has spent much of his career in the rail sector. He has particular experience in major projects, restructurings, and corporate finance
- Mark was finance director and later chief executive of London & Continental Railways Limited, developer of the High Speed 1 railway and owner of the U.K. arm of Eurostar. He led the sale of HS1 and was a board member of Eurostar. Mark was appointed CBE in 2012 for services to the rail industry
- Fiona is an experienced public and private sector chair and non-executive director., currently serving on a range of UK and Irish Boards
- In 2018 she was appointed by the Irish Government to chair Córas Iompair Éireann (CIÉ) Ireland’s pubic transport provider and to the Board of the HSE Ireland's public health service
- Fiona began her career as a stockbroker in the City of London and spent 25 years working in all areas within capital markets in Dublin, London, Eastern Europe and the United States
- Fiona is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, Queen's University Belfast and the Institute of Art and Design (IADT) where in 2017 she completed a MSc in Cyber Psychology. In 2012 Fiona was awarded a fellowship in Governance at George Washington University in the United States