A huge package of improvements will be carried out across Anglia’s busy rail network this Easter which will result in fewer delays and provide a more efficient rail service to passengers in the region.
Network Rail is using the quieter Easter period to carry out the work which includes:
- Track renewals on the Clacton branch line
- Renewal of Manningtree level crossing
- Signalling works at Littleport and Kings Lynn
- Level crossing maintenance work at Cantley
- Renewing the track at East Tilbury level crossing
- Track renewal works at West Ham
- Footbridge strengthening at Dagenham Dock
- Work to renew the structures that carry the overhead wires on the line between London and Norwich
While the c2c line is closed for Network Rail works, construction works will also take place as part of the Barking Riverside project.
Passengers are advised to check before they travel as the work affects many routes at different times and days.
Ellie Burrows, Network Rail’s managing director for Anglia, said: “We will be working around the clock to deliver crucial upgrades and renewals across the region to deliver a more reliable and efficient rail service for passengers. We have chosen to carry out this work at the quieter Easter period to minimise disruption, however those who are planning to travel are advised to check how their journey will be affected.”
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia managing director, said: “We’re very sorry for the inconvenience caused to customers by these works, but it is essential that Network Rail maintains and upgrades our railway to improve reliability.
“We will make sure that people are able to complete their journeys, even if it is partly by bus.”
- Sunday and Monday – rail replacement bus services will operate between Colchester and Clacton and between Thorpe-Le-Soken and Walton-On-The-Naze.
- Sunday and Monday – rail replacement bus services to operate between Colchester and Ipswich and between Manningtree and Harwich.
- Friday to Sunday – rail replacement bus services to operate between Ely and Kings Lynn.
- Sunday – rail replacement bus services to operate between Norwich and Lowestoft.
- Sunday and Monday – rail replacement bus services to operate between Pitsea and Grays.
- Friday to Monday – rail replacement bus services to operate between Grays and Purfleet and between Rainham and Upminster.
- Friday to Monday c2c services will be diverted via Tilbury Loop.
- London Underground District Line closed Whitechapel to Barking. Docklands Light Railway Closed Bank/Tower Gateway to Poplar
For more specific information please check with your train operator before you travel.