An independent review of contestability in the rail market
Professor Peter Hansford has been commissioned by Network Rail to undertake an independent review of contestability in the British rail market, with the intent of encouraging third-party investment and infrastructure delivery on the national railway.
The Hansford review will make recommendations directly to the Network Rail board and is due to report by the end of May 2017.
Those interested in the review can visit the Hansford review website.
Professor Hansford is supported in his review by a panel of six industry leaders.
The panel members are:
- Alistair Gordon – chief executive officer, Keolis
- Andy Milner – chief executive officer, Amey
- John Smith – managing director, GB Railfreight
- Matthew Symes –partner, Concerto
- Mike Gerrard – independent expert
- Zara Lamont – performance improvement director, Carillion
To ensure the independence of the Hansford review, secretariat services will be provided by The Nichols Group and communications support by Rail PR.