Shape your tomorrow
Times are changing fast, and the demands on Britain’s railway systems are increasing. Every day, we help move 4.8 million people around our network, and, with the growth in passenger numbers on the rise, we’ve had to ask ourselves a very important question: What do we do today to future-proof ourselves for tomorrow?
We’re currently restructuring our business to create a more service driven organisation that puts passengers first. To help with this transition, we’re removing the old centralised system that controls it all, and instead creating more autonomy by introducing 5 new regional property teams. We’re therefore looking for strategically-led Property Directors to run these teams.
This role is unlike any other. This is a chance to get involved at the very start. Not only will you have the opportunity to lead and shape a large team of up to 55 people, the devolvement in power will allow free thinking and the chance to drive insights forward.
There’s also the challenge of raising the Property profile within the business and the right person will have the opportunity to integrate it much more within the operational business.
Ultimately, we are looking to keep our country moving and build a better railway for the future.
Job title: Property Director (Scotland, North West and Central, Eastern, Western & Wales, Southern)
Job reports to: Managing Director, Property (until post transfers to report to Regional Financial Directors)
Location: Various – Glasgow, Manchester or Birmingham, York, Swindon or Bristol, London
Salary band: £107,428 – £127,890
To lead the Regions multi-functional Property team in setting and delivering the Regional Property Strategy including delivery of income, sales, acquisitions, town planning activities and asset management of the Region’s Property assets.
To drive the Regional Property business to achieve excellent levels of service for internal / external customers and stakeholders with a clear understanding of how this delivers benefits for passengers.
To act as Client for the services provided by the Group Property team.
- Create and deliver the Region’s property strategy to optimise use of the estate in support of the Region’s wider objectives to improve performance for passengers.
- Lead the team in delivering property activity to achieve financial targets and key performance indicators through delivering sales, commercial property income generation, acquisitions and town planning activities.
- Asset management of the Regions commercial assets and management of the stations, depot leases and operational estate leases.
- Drive the financial performance of the Commercial portfolios and be the Region’s client for the services provided by the central Property team.
- Set the strategy, create the programme and deliver the investment plan for the retail and commercial assets to achieve control period targets.
- Be the Region’s lead property advisor on the central Property team’s complex development programme.
- Lead the delivery of excellent safety systems and asset management of the commercial estate, miscellaneous assets portfolio, freight, retail and national contract assets in the Region.
- Provide excellent safety and sustainability leadership across the team and its activities, continuously improving safety and sustainability processes and culture.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with TOC’s, other rail industry partners, local authority and wider external stakeholders.
- Lead in the provision of excellent service to support improvements in performance for passengers and customers and identify and deliver additional financial benefits.
- Support the safe and efficient operation and improvement of the railway for passengers by providing excellent professional property and town planning services.
Job skills, experience and qualifications
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, or Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills, with the vision and ability to establish cross-functional relationships and drive cultural change
- Passionate about Customer Service
- Demonstrable record of managing complex internal and external interfaces
- Proven experience of preparing and managing complex multi-million pound budgets
- Commercially astute and proven commercial negotiating skills
- Proven high level influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of railway regulation
- Understanding of property market
- High level experience in one or more relevant business areas
Today, tomorrow and always
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Applications close on 25 September 2019
Interviews will be held between 01 – 11 October 2019
Due to level of response, please do not expect a personal reply.