Congratulations on joining the Network Rail team
We appreciate that in times of change people who are offered a new role often feel a little uncertain of what the future holds. We'd like to make you feel more confident about your decision to join Network Rail by giving you as much information as possible to ensure you have a smooth journey.
Before you start with us, there are a few processes that need to be completed.
Your offer pack
In the next few days you'll receive an offer pack which will include:
- two copies of the statement and terms of employment
- employment information form – this covers personal information, your bank details etc.
- basic disclosure application form
- medical form
- alcohol and drugs policy and self declaration form
- P46 – in the absence of a P45, this will help us deduct the correct tax and National Insurance
- equal opportunities monitoring form
- pensions scheme membership form and SMART pension booklet
- notice of election form (only to be completed if you have previously been part of the Railway pension fund).
Once you have read the paperwork and made sure it's correct, please sign and return the relevant documents as soon as possible as any delay may affect your start date.
The medical form needs to be sent separately to HCC who conduct and review the medicals on our behalf.
If you have any questions about the paperwork, call us on 0161 261 7594.
Please be assured that all the information provided to us is treated as confidential.
When our New Hire team have received your paperwork, we will start the following pre-employment checks:
- non safety-critical – medical questionnaire
- safety-critical – medical appointment
- all references to cover the previous three years of employment history
- where possible, please warn your referees that we'll be contacting them
- passport validation
- right to work
- criminal record check.
Basic Disclosure Certificate
The Resourcing Specialist or your new line manager will contact you to confirm when the above checks are complete. Only then can we confirm a start date for you. On average, this process takes 4-6 weeks, depending on the role.
Once you have started with us, we will invite you to a corporate induction; this event will take place within your first few months at Network Rail. In the meantime the Onboarding Checklist is designed to prepare you for your first day and help you settle in to your new team and quickly become effective in your role.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Network Rail.
Prepare for the first day in your new role and settle into your new team by downloading our checklist for new joiners.