Keith Ludeman joins the board of Network Rail Consulting16 November 2012
Network Rail Consulting, the international consultancy subsiduary of Network Rail, welcomes Keith Ludeman, one of Britain’s top transport business leaders, to its board.
- Keith Ludeman, non-executive director, Network Rail Consulting
We created Network Rail Consulting as part of a wider reform agenda which has seen a more devolved group company structure to drive further efficiencies and demonstrate value through market competition.
Network Rail Consulting aims to harness the vast range of skills and experience available within Network Rail to demonstrate British expertise overseas and be an international ambassador for Britain’s rail industry. It will also help channel innovation back into our core business, helping deliver a better value railway for Britain.
Operating outside the UK, Network Rail Consulting offers consultancy services across the full spectrum of Network Rail’s expertise:
- Strategic planning
- Asset management
- Operations and maintenance
- Capital projects
Read more about Network Rail Consulting.
Keith Ludeman was most recently group chief executive of one of Europe’s biggest transport groups, Go-Ahead, from 2006 until 2011. Since his retirement from that post he has also served as a non-executive director of Network Rail. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Railway Operators and a Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- 2006-11: Group chief executive, Go-Ahead Group
- 2003-05: Chairman, Association of Train Operating Companies
- 2000-06: Chief executive, rail, Go-Ahead
- 1999-2000: Managing director, Thameslink Rail and Thames Trains
- 1996-99: Managing director, Go-Ahead London bus division
- 1988-96: Managing director, London General Transport
- 1986-88: Managing director, Burnley & Pendle Transport
- 1985-86: Senior consultant, MVA
- 1982-85: Senior transport officer, Hong Kong government
- 1974-82: Greater Manchester Transport