We now have a number of operational data feeds available to developers of mobile apps and websites. By providing access to these data feeds we hope to encourage the development of new products of interest to those who use the railway.
The data feeds available will be:
- Train Movements - train positioning and movement event data
- TD - train positioning data at signal berth level
- TSR (Temporary Speed Restrictions) – details of temporary reductions in line speeds across the rail network
- VSTP (Very Short Term Plan) – schedule records created via this process (and thus not available via CIF)
- RTPPM (Real Time Public Performance Measure) - this shows the performance of trains against the timetable, measured as the percentage of trains arriving at destination on time
- SCHEDULE – extract of train schedules from the Integrated Train Planning System
To register interest in these data feeds you will need to create an account with us. Anyone can do so, but live access to feeds will be provided on a first come, first served basis, and will be restricted to a maximum of 500 users, although we may increase this if there is sufficient demand.
Access will be provided under special terms and conditions, which those registering for the service must agree to as a condition of their use of the data feeds.
Such terms and conditions will include the terms of this webpage, the developer pack (detailed below) and the data feed terms and conditions, all as amended from time to time.
For technical detail on the formatting of the feeds, and how they work, you are encouraged to consult the Open Rail Data Wiki before registering.The data feeds are provided by and belong to Network Rail Infrastructure Limited. The terms and conditions do not include the right to use our brand or logo, or those of any of our partners, including National Rail and the train operating companies. Also we do not allow any app or website that you produce using our data feeds to be called “official” as this will mislead the public.
We have ongoing active monitoring of the data service and will notify all users if we detect any issues however we make no guarantees with regard to the availability or total uptime of the data feeds.
Last updated 20 June 2013